Okay, by now you’ve read all the Great American Beef Festival Roundups, heard about the awards winners, and various pundit’s impressions, expressions and opinions.
So now you get to read the rest of the story.
This year was our (i.e., Molly, Mojo, Adam and me) first trip to “The Show”.
And what a show it was.
We’ve attended our fair share of beer festivals, but none has ever been quite like this. Beyond learning that it is simply not possible to hit every single booth at GABF even when you have four day, early access brewery passes, we found out that not all beer is good beer. Actually, we found that most beer is not good beer. (I can write that because my opinion carries no weight in the beer world â€“ even though it’s totally, 100% true.)
More importantly, we learned ten valuable lessons at the GABF. Here they are:
1. Elvis is alive and drinking beer
2. Pabst comes in cans larger than 40 ounces
I’m pretty sure it was “samples” this size that led to Pabst being large brewery and brewer of the year
3. Bagpipes make great drinking music
4. It is possible to do two things at once at GABF
5. There’s only one (okay two) way to get someone to drink Miller Chill
6. Colt 45 actually does make guys look attractive
7. Brewers are actually thoughtful, intellectual people with many important opinions
8. The ladies dig Stan Heiryonmous
9. Tomme Arthur digs Ray Daniels
10. Tomme Arthur is every bit as good as he thinks he is (but don’t tell him — he’s insufferable as it is)
You’ll find our full photo album here: